Mold Is Ubiquitous

Mold growth can occur if there is moisture, right temperature, food and oxygen must be present. If just even one of these elements is removed from the equation; there will be no toxic mold growth.

Mold needs a moist environment such as pet urine to grow.

Mold also needs oxygen to survive. Sure, mold needs moisture to live but, like us, they will drown if you cut off their air supply. To be sure, removing oxygen would likely cause you more discomfort before it has any effect on mold growth.

Molds like comfortable temperaturesfrom which to proliferate. Unfortunately, the temperature range conducive to mold growth is the same range of temperatures that humans feel the most comfortable. If you have a thermostat, you can control your indoor temperature. However, this is also not an ideal solution as the temperatures that mold growth is inhibited are temperatures that humans are also uncomfortable with.

The only element that we can control, thus becomes, the food source. By removing the mold's food source, there will be no mold growth.

Removing dust from surfaces (whether or not it contains mold spores) also removes the food from which mold is able to grow from.

The simple way to remove the mold growth substrate is by the use of chemical solutions.

However, one needs to be aware of certain issues that may arise. Using too much or using cleaners improperly may leave you with more mold growth than when you started.

Cleaners on dirty surfaces will likely kill any mold that the chemical touches but the residual moisture after the chemical in the cleaner has dissipated in the air,may assist in promoting more mold growth. Completely dry the surface after cleaning to prevent future mold growth.

Carpets that are damp, can also retain enough moisture for mold growth.

Laundry hung in the closet, before it has been thoroughly dried, is good for mildew. Most closets do not have enough ventilation and this may account for the musty closet odors.

Painted or plastic surfaces can be scratched by chemicals in the cleaners. From this, moisture or humidity can be introduced back in. Dirt, dust or dry wall, can join to provide a healthy substrate for mold spores to grow on.

Even when growth does not occur, damage to walls can result as evidenced by bubbling under the paint. Once the surface is damaged, it will become easier for the mold to grow next time.

Sometimes, allergy symptoms from chemical cleaners can cause sneezing, etc.

Make sure that you have adequate ventilation upon using cleaning agents. Also, use gloves and eye protection to protect from splashes where appropriate.

Typically, there are thousands of mold spores that we breathe in every day. Mold spores are ubiquitous; everywhere. It is impossible to remove all of the mold spores from your outdoor environment but you can reduce the level of allergens in your home or workplace and, at the same time, prevent toxic mold growth.